I just got back to Searcy after spending two weeks home! I feel so refreshed and rejuvenated!
I wish that I had been able to stay longer, but there is a slight chance I might be able to go back for a week before school starts as well. We shall see. Jess and Kaeli came down Thursday night before I left so I got to see both of them. Kaeli and I actually drove back to Arkansas together, because she wanted to spend some time with her dad and brother, not having seen them since her graduation from Harding. So we had a fun time catching up...I love my sister-in-law :).
Some of the things I did over the break:
- Read the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Harry Potter books (I love having time to read for fun!)
- Played soccer every Wednesday and Saturday with a group of college/adult age people...it was so much FUN!!
- Slept in most every day
- Helped Catherine clean out the stables for one of the ladies she works for...she has 13 horses I believe.
- Catherine also works for another lady that has horses, and she has the big draft horse, called Grand Master, that is 19 hands tall (that's really tall in horse-measurements I guess). I got to ride him a couple of times!
- The first Sunday back, after church was over, we happened to drive along a group of really nice exotic cars for like 10 minutes: Callaway C16, Lamborghini Gallardo, Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, Audi R8, and a Ford GT. I know for those who don't care about cars this probably means nothing...but for those who do...might realize why this was the most amazing car-related experience of my life!
- Changed my oil, got new spark plugs and new tires on my car.
- Watched Star Trek, and loved it
- Spent as much time with my family as I could!!!!
- Enjoyed many home cooked meals :)