Tuesday, May 26, 2009

home

I just got back to Searcy after spending two weeks home! I feel so refreshed and rejuvenated!

I wish that I had been able to stay longer, but there is a slight chance I might be able to go back for a week before school starts as well. We shall see. Jess and Kaeli came down Thursday night before I left so I got to see both of them. Kaeli and I actually drove back to Arkansas together, because she wanted to spend some time with her dad and brother, not having seen them since her graduation from Harding. So we had a fun time catching up...I love my sister-in-law :).

Some of the things I did over the break:

  1. Read the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Harry Potter books (I love having time to read for fun!)
  2. Played soccer every Wednesday and Saturday with a group of college/adult age people...it was so much FUN!!
  3. Slept in most every day
  4. Helped Catherine clean out the stables for one of the ladies she works for...she has 13 horses I believe.
  5. Catherine also works for another lady that has horses, and she has the big draft horse, called Grand Master, that is 19 hands tall (that's really tall in horse-measurements I guess). I got to ride him a couple of times!
  6. The first Sunday back, after church was over, we happened to drive along a group of really nice exotic cars for like 10 minutes: Callaway C16, Lamborghini Gallardo, Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, Audi R8, and a Ford GT. I know for those who don't care about cars this probably means nothing...but for those who do...might realize why this was the most amazing car-related experience of my life!
  7. Changed my oil, got new spark plugs and new tires on my car.
  8. Watched Star Trek, and loved it
  9. Spent as much time with my family as I could!!!!
  10. Enjoyed many home cooked meals :)
I hope all of you had a great couple of weeks as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP