Sunday, April 6, 2008

I want...


So...I've decided I would post one of those "embarrassing" posts that I was talking about a few posts back. I should explain the content first. I recently read a chapter in this book that suggested writing letters to my future wife (fyi, the "warrior poet" line came from this book). So even though I'm years away from marriage...it still sounded like an interesting idea. So this is written for someone in particular. Someone that I don't know. Or don't think I know. Try not to make TOO much fun of it. Here it goes...


I want to be able to spend hours with you even if few words are spoken

I want to share everything with you

I want to be able to leave you alone when you need to be alone

I want to be your warrior poet

I want to hug and comfort you after a bad day

I want to feel at peace around you

I want to protect everything that makes you you

I want to trust you with every step we take together

I want to share both smiles and tears with you

I want to stand by you when we struggle

I want to take walks in the rain with you

I want to feel the excitement of the first kiss every time I kiss you

I want to thank God for every second that I am with you

I want to look into your shimmering eyes and see love

I want to understand you

I want to surprise you

I want to feel my heart leap every time I'm around you

I want to always be madly in love with you

5 comments:

Courtney April 6, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

no one is going to make fun of you for this, its wonderful. and guess who has nearly an entire journal full of letters to someone she may or may not know yet but hopes is in her future.....ME! dont feel bad, its wonderful!

Mary April 6, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

kris, this is beautiful.
absolutely wonderful!

-Megan J W- April 6, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

:-)

this is precious kristofor. honestly beautiful.

dont be embarrassed by the love you will have for that person god wants you to spend the rest of your life with.

Anonymous,  April 7, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

oh wow... this is beautiful. your wife one day will love this.

Nerd-A-Lie April 13, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

you're a sap.

and i adore it!

Post a Comment

Back to TOP