Wednesday, April 2, 2008

stuff

A few things:

1. Two bad chapels in a row :(. It's depressing. It started out well. Jared Cook led singing, and we sang "The Greatest Command" song, which is one of my favorites. I just listened to people sing it today though, which was nice. Then we had someone stand up and give us about a 5-10 minute devo, and I thought we were done. But then we had someone introduce another speaker, and he talked for 15 minutes on blood and Leukemia and chromosomes. Which is a fine subject...for biology class. But I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

2. I've realized that I'm happier when I don't involve myself with too much "drama" (and I don't mean acting). I'm glad to help out and give advice, but it's not good to push myself into something that doesn't personally involve me.

3. The hot water in the Cone dorm is non-existent. I found this out last night when I was ready for a nice long hot shower. I turned on the water and waited for it to get warm. And waited.

...............waiting...............

Well it never did! :( I was hoping it was just our shower, so I got dressed again and scampered up to my friend Josh's room, hoping maybe I could use his shower. Here his roommate informed me that the hot water was out for the entire dorm. So I went back to my dorm, resigned to the fact I would have to take a cold shower. I was already feeling chilly before I got into the shower, thus, I was really looking forward to my nightly hot shower. too bad. I took a pretty quick shower, and then had some ramen noodles to warm me up. I hope they fix it soon though, because the water still wasn't warm this morning!

4. Today is disaster drill! I'm looking forward to it! I am excited to see what is going to be wrong with me.

5. I realize I post the most random stuff ever. You don't have to read to the end of my posts. I just enjoy writing them.

--EDIT--

Disaster Drill is now finished! It was fun. I assume photos of the calamity will start to populate Facebook soon. And since I had to take a shower to clean off, I found out our hot water is back on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP