Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Saint Patty's Day

Today was a really good day. Nothing remarkable happened...it was just...nice. I forgot what day it was so I didn't purposely wear any green. In the afternoon the fog cleared up and the weather turned perfect.

Steve invited me over to dinner at the caf, which was awesome A) it's free food B) you run into a lot people, and I miss that social aspect. Although I do love living off campus, I seem to lose a bit of the social involvement of college. I rarely pass by the front lawn anymore and I miss that.

Natalie came over tonight and we watched Unbreakable (if you haven't seen it, watch it!). It's one of M. Night Shyamalan's first movies, and is one of the best. Plus I got to watch it with a great friend, one I hadn't hung out with in while, and it was wonderful.

One of my teachers, Dr Cronk, asked me if I would be willing to be a paid tutor for her students in her IT 280 class, and I said yes, definitely! I will be able to be acting as a tutor during my regular lab hours, and will get paid even if students don't show up for help. So basically I should be making double the money for sitting in a computer lab! This is exciting because I need to make up the money I lost during break! Also Spring Sing is coming so I'll be able to make the money by being on run crew so that's nice!

Now it's 12:30 am...and I still have 4 and a half chapters I have to read out of a book by 2:00 tomorrow. I learned about it on Monday, and had to run and buy the book at the bookstore. Fortunately, the book is easy to read and it seems like it'll make some pretty powerful points. The book is "The Life You've Always Wanted" by John Ortberg. I'm excited about reading it all, I just wish I wasn't under pressure to read it.

So I better go do that. Bye! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP